With any Hard disk failure, please do the following:
- Turn off the computer, if your hard drive is making any clicking noises, or any unusual sounds at all.
- Shutting your PC or Mac down ensures that no further damage occures to the drive or data.
- Remember that in this situation, rebooting can literally kill your hard drive if it is physically damaged already.
Follow these simple steps, if and when a hard drive crash happens:
Never attempt to fix the problem yourself.
Do Not attemp to open up the hard drive sealed lid, imminent loss of the data will occur if the seal is opened up.
Our specialists will evaluate your disk and shall assess the damage level within 8 working hours.
Handle the hard disk drive with EXTRA CARE. They can easily be damaged
Do NOT shake the hard disk, and be sure not to apply pressure to the hard drive casing.
If at all possible, remove the hard drive from the computer. Get expert help if necessary.
Take extra care when packaging a laptop drive for shipping!
Avoid placing any drive without at least three layers of bubble wrap.
Placing the drive in a box is a MUST, please do not ship any drive in an envelope even if the envelope contains bubble, otherwise further damage
is imminent to occur!
- Place the damaged media/drive in an anti-static bag.
- Wrap the drive securely in two layers bubble wrap.
- Make sure to place the media in a robust shipping box. Ensure the media is static.
- Mark the outside of the package "FRAGILE - HANDLE WITH CARE".
- Further to contacting us via Free-Telephone or email to emailing us for a request form please fill out and email back to us or enclose request-form, with the package.
or call us on 08000 439 549 before sealing the box.
We can either arrange to collect your drive at our own cost (if we are notified prior to 12 noon) alternatively, the damaged media can be shipped via Special Delivery Royal Mail guaranteed next-day delivery to our data recovery facility.
Unit 9, Northfields Prospect Business Centre,
London SW18 1PE
To track your package, call or go online:
We will confirm the receipt of your media upon arrival.
- Immediately turn off the computer if the disk/drive is clicking, grinding or has stopped spinning
- Protect your drive from static charges by placing it in an anti-static bag.
- Fill in the online data recovery contact/request form and include the following information:
- - Is the hard drive clicking, grinding, or has it stopped spinning?
- - Did the computer crash, or did the server go off-line?
- - Was the computer dropped, or hit by a power surge?
- - Were you victim to a computer virus or worm?
- - Do you need to recover a deleted file?
- - Was the hard drive accidentally reformatted?
- - Was a partition deleted or corrupted?
- - Are you getting any computer messages? Saying the drive is corrupt or unreadable? What are these messages?
- - Are you being asked by the system to format or initialise the hard drive?
- - Have you recently installed a new piece of hardware, programme, patch or update?
- Contact us immediately on Free line: